Many of you have called both the helpline and the C-Store office querying our legal guide's view on PPL/PRS licences for in-store music (C-Store October 1, p28).

There was an error in the copy. Contrary to what was stated, you do indeed need both a PRS and a PPL licence to play the radio in the shop. We always try to bring you the most accurate advice possible, but it seems that on this occasion we were given slightly duff info, and the editor has asked me to pass on his apologies through this column.