The five contenders hoping to claim the coveted title of Sales Assistant of the Year 2015 have been revealed.
This year’s final five fought off stiff competition from stores across the UK to win their categories, wowing the judges with their dedication, skills and charm.
The final judging day and awards are set to take place on Tuesday 10 November at The Dorchester in London.
Each of the five category winners will be awarded £500 in prize money for reaching the finals and winning their category, with the overall winner set to claim a further £500.
This year’s five category winners are:
- Forecourt sector winner – Jennifer Kerr, Spar Saintfield Road, Lisburn
- Independent sector winner – Ashley Kane, Best-One, Brownlies, Biggar
- Multiple symbol sector winner – Julie Sutton, Blakemore Retail Spar, Sleaford
- Multiple sector winner – Rema Boumerdassi, Tesco Express, North Wembley
- Co-operative sector winner – Michal Klatka, Scotmid, Stockbridge, Edinburgh
Convenience Store editor David Rees said: “All five category winners have shown incredible commitment to their customers and the businesses in which they work, and it has been a pleasure and a real honour for the judges to hear about their achievements and to visit them in their workplaces.
“We are looking forward to welcoming the winners to the Dorchester on 10 November to complete the judging and crown the overall champion, and we know this will be an incredibly difficult decision to decide between five such amazing individuals.”
Sales Assistant of The Year is a national competition organised by Convenience Store magazine and supported by JTI, Mars Chocolate UK, Procter & Gamble, Coca Cola Enterprises and The Post Office.