Budgens is hoping to compete with premium food brand specialists with its Christmas campaign, which urges consumers to ‘Celebrate every moment’.
The campaign builds on “what’s great about convenience retailing”, encouraging shoppers to treat themselves and mark each special event in the Christmas build up.
On a series of shelf barkers and in-store posters, the recommended treats include:
- A mince pie and drink after decorating the tree
- Inviting the neighbours over for supper after the school carol concert
- Chocolates and drinks while wrapping the presents
- Catering for surprise family visits
- Leaving out a mince pie for Santa (and a carrot for Rudolph)
- Organising a drinks parties for family and friends
Marketing director Anna Burleigh said: “Budgens will continue to do what it has always done well at Christmas – being there for the big day or the extra bits you need to make the most of every moment.
“From a good value bottle of Champagne or spirits, to the sellotape to finish the wrapping, there’s no need to brave the crowds of the big supermarkets when the Budgens round the corner has got it covered. That’s what this campaign is all about, finding that bit of magic in your local store.”