Premier Foods’ cake brands Cadbury Cakes and Mr Kipling have updated packaging to bring festive cheer.
The Christmas cake category is already worth £103.1m (Data ending 12w/e 23rd Jan 2016 Value Sales & % Chang YoY, Christmas Cake Brands) and growing at +10.7% (IRI Grocery Outlets 23rd Jan 2016) and continues to be a huge opportunity for retailers.
Both Mr Kipling and Cadbury will be adding new products to their Christmas line up. Cadbury Cakes’ new product addition for 2016 will include a new bite called “Silent Bites” a tub of bitesize double blended brownie, with raspberry flavouring, covered in Cadbury milk chocolate.
Mr Kipling will also be sprinkling some Christmas magic with its white iced Frosty Fancies and Stollen Slices; a fruit cake slice crammed with sultanas, raisins and cranberries, a hint of rum, a moist central layer of marzipan and a dusting of snow.
Karmel Maletta, innovation controller for Cadbury Cakes and Mr Kipling at Premier Foods, says: “We know shoppers are looking for special cakes at Christmas time, and willing to pay that extra bit more. Cadbury and Mr Kipling are already firm family favourites, which is why they’re even more popular at Christmas time with Cadbury worth £6.7m and Mr Kipling worth £13.4m (Data ending 12w/e 2nd Jan 16 Value Sales & % Chang YoY, Christmas Cake Brands).”
Cadbury Cakes Christmas range
- · Leave one for Santa - £3.00
- · Rudolph small cakes - £2.29
- · Festive Cake bars – £1.00
- · Flake Cakes - £2.29
- · Mini Yule Logs – £2.29
- · Large Yule Logs - £2.29
- · Cadbury Silent Silent Bites Raspberry £1.99
- · Cadbury Swiss Gateau – £2.49
Mr Kipling Christmas range
- · Mr Kipling Christmas Stollen Cake Slices £2.29
- · Frosty Fancies - £1.00
- · Festive Bakewells - £1.00
- · Christmas Slices - £2.29
- · Ginger Bread Whirls - £1.00
- · Winter Whirls - £1.00
- · Ice Top Mince Pies - £1.79
- · Rum & Raisin Slices - £2.29
- · Elf Slices - £1.00