Spar is growing its wine range with the launch of seven new lines this month.
The new additions include two Malbec, the customer’s “favourite on-trend grape” for 2015.
The seven wines are:
- French Malbec (promotional price £6), a red grape variety that is currently ”in huge demand”.
- Rose D ’Anjou (promotional price £6.50), a fruity French rosé from the Loire Valley.
- Verdicchio Classico (promotional price £6.50), an Italian white wine with a flavour of lemons and an almond finish.
- Muscadet Sur Lie Sevre et Maine Sur Lie, Les Deux Roches (promotional price £6.00), a crisp classic French white wine.
- D.O. Verdejo Rueda, Castillo de la Mota (promotional price £5.50), a “youthful and fruity white wine”.
- Argentinian Malbec, Rios de los Andes (promotional price £6.00), Argentina’s flagship variety.
- Valpolicella Ripasso (promotional price £8.00), a classic Italian red.
Chris Lewis, Spar’s licensed trading director, said: “The Spar team has worked hard to transform the wine range for our business and while we have had some great success, now is the time to introduce some further interest for our customers and allow them greater choice.
“Designed to provide our shoppers with some exciting new varietals as well as some firm favourites, these delicious wines will give our stores a real point of difference locally.
“These exciting, on-trend new additions will help retailers and shoppers alike have a great summer,” he added.
The French Malbec, Rose D ‘Anjou, Verdicchio and Muscadet are on promotion from 9-29 July in stores, while the Argentinian Malbec, Rueda Verdejo and Valipolicella Ripasso will be on offer from 30 July- 19 August.