The search has begun for the best staff in the land with entries to the Sales Assistant of the Year Awards, in their 35th year, now open.
Store owners and managers are being encouraged to reward staff excellence by entering them into the Awards, supported by JTI, Mars Chocolate, Coca-Cola Enterprises, P&G and the Post Office.
The event celebrates pro-active and dedicated staff members who make a positive difference to business, be it through bright ideas or noteworthy customer service.
Winners will be crowned at a lunch in a top London hotel on 11 November with the overall winner claiming a £1,000 prize, and their manager also picking up £250. All category winners also receive a £500 prize and £250 for the Community Hero.
Shop floor staff, checkout operators and supervisors are all eligible and can be entered into one of the five following categories.
- INDEPENDENT SECTOR SALES ASSISTANT OF THE YEAR - fewer than nine stores, whether affiliated to a symbol group or operating under its own brand.
- MULTIPLE SYMBOL SECTOR SALES ASSISTANT OF THE YEAR - part of a chain of 10 stores or more under the same ownership, trading under a recognised symbol brand.
- CO-OPERATIVE AND MULTIPLE SECTOR SALES ASSISTANT OF THE YEAR - 10 or more stores under the same ownership, trading under a co-operative or retail brand.
- FORECOURT SECTOR SALES ASSISTANT OF THE YEAR - any store on a garage forecourt, whether under co-operative, multiple, symbol or independent brand.
- SPECIALIST SECTOR SALES ASSISTANT OF THE YEAR - any store that boasts a specialist focus such as a post office, off-licence, farm shop or a CTN.
For more info and to enter visit www.salesassistantawards.co.uk and look out for an entry form in the 18 July issue of C-Store.
Entries must be received by 22 August.