A long list of own label products produced for Bestway, Premier and Aldi have been recalled after the factory that makes them was found to be dirty.
Baketime, which manufacturers various own label biscuit, snack and confectionery products for key convenience retailers and discounters, has recalled the items as they were manufactured “in unhygienic conditions,” the Food Standards Agency said.
The products, which include own label brownies, choc chip cookies and shortbreads, as well as a variety of crisps and savoury snacks, could have been subjected to “pest contamination,” it added.
Baketime has provided retailers and wholesalers with point-of-sale notices for display in stores. The notices tell customers to return affected products to stores where they will be given a full refund.
The full list of recalled products is:
- Aldi Cheese Thins (10% Cheese) – L16026, L16027, L16055, L16056, L16057, L16073, L16074, L16075
- Aldi Cheese Bakes – L16026, L16027, L16032, L16033, L16039, L16040, L16046, L16047, L16053, L16366, L16060, L16066, L16067, L16073
- Aldi Oddbites Cheese – L16060
- Aldi Oddbites Salt and Vinegar – L16061
- Aldi Oddbites Smoky Bacon – L16061
- Aldi Ginger Nuts – L16047, L16048, L16061, L16062, L16068, L16069
- Bestway Mini All Butter Shortbread L16034
- Bestway Mini Brownies L16035
- Bestway Mini Cheese Thins L16032, L16033
- Bestway Mini Choc Chip Cookies L16035
- Happy Shopper Cheese Thins L16026, L16027, L16032, L16053, L16366, L16060, L16066
- Happy Shopper Fudge Brownies L16041
- Happy Shopper Choc Chip Cookies L16041
- LBV Potato Bakes Korma L16034
- LBV Potato Bakes Mild Thai L16034
- LBV Strawberry and Vanilla Biscotti L16027