Nestlé is recalling some of its Kit Kat Chunky bars and a Kit Kat Easter egg after bits of plastic were discovered inside.
Seven people have reported finding small pieces of plastic in some bars, the Food Standards Agency claims.
As a precautionary measure, Nestlé has recalled four Kit Kat Chunky special varieties (48g size bars in Peanut Butter, Hazelnut, Choc Fudge and Caramel flavours) and Kit Kat Chunky Collection Giant Egg with the following best before date ranges:
- Kit Kat Chunky Peanut Butter (48g) Best before date range: September 2013 to February 2014
- Kit Kat Chunky Hazelnut (48g) Best before date range: September 2013 to October 2013
- Kit Kat Chunky Choc Fudge (48g) Best before date range: September 2013 to October 2013
- Kit Kat Chunky Caramel (48g) Best before date range: June 2013 To July 2013
- Kit Kat Chunky Hazelnut Multipack Best before date range: September 2013 To December 2013
- Kit Kat Chunky Collection Giant Egg best before date: July 2013
No other Kit Kat products are affected.
Nestlé is advising shoppers who have bought the affected products to return them unopened for a full refund to:
KIT KAT CHUNKY Recall
PO Box 205
York, YO91 1XB